Sunday, November 06, 2016

I went to 8:30AM mass.   When mass was over, it was pouring.   Fortunately, I had planned on stopping in the hall for coffee and food with my friends and by the time I left, it was still raining but had died down a lot.   So I was able to get to the car without drowning.

One of my church friends, Ben, will be gone from us after today.   He is in the service and has been transferred to a new assignment.   I will miss him.   A nice young man with a lovely family that I have not met but he talks of.

I also found out today that the choir director/organist has taken a new job and will be leaving for Florida this week.  Will miss Dallas (his name) also, we shared music and poetic interests in common.

Barbara's brother, Fred, is in town visiting so Barb invited me over for supper tonight.    We had the most delicious soup.  Barb is such a great cook.   A pleasant evening all around.   Bart's sciatic is really acting up so he was not able to sit out with us.   A shame.

Tomorrow I see the nurse practitioner and should get some results on why my stomach is hurting.  It has been a month, sure glad I was not deathly ill.

Dia DHuit

Mary


If someone tells you that you are putting too much peanut butter on your bread-------stop talking to them.   You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.    (Quote from a peanut butter site.)

No comments: