Tuesday, March 29, 2016

What a great couple of days.

Today, I drove over to the Center for Creative Living and we firmed up the event that I hope will kick off a very active CWI - Celtic Women organization in Lawton.  

On April 27th,  the Center is supplying the place with lunch from 11AM to noon.   At noon, I will read the Proclamation,  (The Proclamation of Independence of the Republic of Ireland,  that was read on April 24 by Padraig Pearse on the steps of the General Post  Office on O Connell Street  in Dublin just after the Irish Republican Brotherhood occupied the property.)

I will be bringing the dessert. - Barm Brac, Guinness cupcakes and Irish soda bread.

I  hope to get a number of people interested in the aims of CWI signed up for membership and begin a series of events that will keep the movement going.  

I am packing for the big Wedding of the Century.   I don't know if my Erin reads this but she would be  amused at my labeling of the event as such.   She is my niece and goddaughter so this does seem right.   I am looking forward to spending time with my Chicago CWI friends on Friday and then with the DEELEY CLAN on Saturday and Sunday.

Isn't this day an age wonderful?   When I was married (the first time) it was a miracle that Mother was able to come for the wedding.   Travel in 53 years is a whole new game!!!!!

I love you all

Dia dhuit

Mary

No comments: