Monday, November 02, 2015

This was one busy Monday.

I had Bible Study at 9:30AM.   There were 9 of us there.   We have started the 3rd chapter of John's Gospel now.   He and Nicodemus have just met.  We don't move too fast as we all try to bring the gospel into our lives and do.  

I went from there to Redeemer Lutheran Church in Sheboygan for my neighbor, Lois Kolberg's mother.    Several of the neighbor's were also there.   The service was lovely.   The last time I was in that church was when Julie Gross died, many, many years ago.   I did not drive out to the cemetery for the interment but waited with some of the other neighbors at the church and we had lunch with with family and friends.   It is nice to do that so the family is not just deserted after such an emotional time.    Lois's mom, Emma, was 94 and had a very full life.   She had been at Sunny Ridge for several years.

I saw Bob Hurrie, my friend today too.   He had wanted to come with Peggy to the funeral but decided that it was a bit much as he just got home yesterday after his heart attack.   He looks a bit frail but seems strong and is taking care of himself.   He is so blessed to have Peggy to help him.   She is such a nurturer.

So I just worked on the "books" and communications this afternoon.   Seemed like the morning and early afternoon were quite enough.

Tomorrow I am taking the computer to ExcelNet for a "tune up."   It is running a bit slow and Firefox keeps crashing.   Which is very annoying.

I will manage with the laptop.

A small unnamed Haiku.   I need to be writing more.  

 
I wake up gently
In the cocoon of my bed
And glide into day

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: