Thursday, April 16, 2015



I am doing this very early today because I will be going out tonight with my neighbor, Jean, for a concert.   She has an extra ticket and thought of me.   

It was a bit cooler today, but still sunny and VERY acceptable.   My crocus are all blooming gloriously and the other bulbs are reaching for the sky,  no buds yet, that I have seen.

Nicky and I have had a couple of walks.   Parm's sprayed the lawns so we have to be careful of him spending too much time on them.   I will take him into the park instead.

I have been pretty sore since you massage, not unusual, and had my chiropractor's appointment this afternoon.   We have decided to start a massage/chiro after I get back from Madison but I will see Dr. Wiegand next week.    I will call Heather tomorrow.

Am  caught up (until tomorrow) on every project that I have deadlines on.   Whew.   Tomorrow, Felicia and I are going to work on our Scotland presentation for the gathering.

So until tomorrow.

Dia dhuit

Mary

Got his today from a fellow writer - thought it amusing.  TRY to read it dramtically!

Speaking of prepositions...


When I taught 5th Grade back in the 70's, I encouraged my students to memorize the following poem for extra credit. (They had to recite dramatically.) You may already be aware of it. I learned it from my mother who said she learned it in school in the 20's. (I don't know the ultimate source.)


Until by into after from,
Across against with toward on,
Among around along of to,
Beside beyond below at through.


Upon in for beneath between,
Behind before without within;
Up over under down about,
Since underneath - except throughout!


During past near like inside...
Amid? Abaft? Off! Outside!


Rand (A writer Friend)

No comments: