Monday, March 30, 2015

What a day.

It was really beautiful today, sunny, not windy and in the 50s.  When Me. Nicky and I went for our morning walk, I could hear the Sandhill cranes, who live in our wetlands, bugling like crazy.    Then I saw them circling to the west.    Finally they came up over the end of Tallgrass just overhead and I got the best view of them.    I will have to start taking my camera along on the walks.

We had a good Bible Study today.   Our Ione was back after three weeks off.   Pray for her as she is struggling with shingles.   Peggy was back too from her latest trip to Florida to spend time with her daughter so we were 6 of us.    Winter snowbirds will be back soon and we will get back to our 10 or so.

Had a lovely visit with Mother.   I had an extra person to give communion to.  It works out.  I am getting confused as to how many hosts I need as some cannot handle the full host, so I break them into pieces for them.  One of my sweet little ladies always tells me that she is Catholic.  Which is so cute.

Mom got a basket from Church full of granola bars, fruit, candy and all kinds of other food.   She was so pleased but asked me to take some things.  So I took the instant oatmeal and some raisins.

Got home about 12:30PM.   I had to go to Aurora for a mammogram today.   Thank heavens they are only once a year.    Not hard but uncomfortable and icky.  

I fixed a good old Velveeta grilled cheese for my supper.    Some things just need Velveeta.


Dia dhuit

Mary


Tennessee Williams said: "A high station in life is earned by the gallantry with which appalling experiences are survived with grace."



No comments: