Monday, February 16, 2015

Just another Manic Monday.    And it was.     I started off with Bible Study.   We are now meeting in the old St. Mary's School which is now Blessed Trinity's Catholic Life Center.   There was a bit of confusion, but we all got there and now that we "know the way" it will be easy.   Not being a member of Blessed Trinity any longer, I had wondered why they had not moved us there when they closed the school.

We had a very dynamic conversation.   Read the last half of Acts 19 if you are interested.   None of us remembered hearing this before.   Guess it is not read on any Sunday.   Typical case of industries about to lose their source of income losing it.  Our question was What would happen to our economy if we followed the Word of God.    Got US all going.

Then I went to visit Mom.   She is doing quite well.  I brought her Aunt Mary Ann's Obituary and that pleased her.   We always have a good visit.  

Then I met my friend Peg at the Exchange Bank.  She is the poet I met when our husbands were both patients at Plymouth Care.    I had not seen her since last year.    Lots has happened with us both.   We also have our mother's quite aged with us.

We went then to the Cream City Writers meeting.   That was eventful.  Good readings, then your mouthy scribe, told one of our poet/singers that though we love his poems/songs - we don't need a long sermon or political rampage after each reading.   I did not word it that way.   But he did not hear me.  I could tell he felt that I was attacking his writing.  I have received support from others who thanked me for stepping up.  I am considering not going if he cannot contain himself.  AND I really like the guy AND enjoy hearing his works.

Woe is me.

Tomorrow is much quieter.  Good.  I have a couple of projects that NEED to be accomplished.   What happened to retirement.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: