Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday

The Monday before a new year begins.   And it was a typical busy Monday. 

I left at 8:45AM so that I would get to St. Mary's before the Holy Dusters finished cleaning the church so that I could pick up the hosts to take for communion to Mom and her fellow Catholics at Meadow View Manor.  Then we had our last bible study of the year.  We had a great discussion about the fact that man seems to always need God or gods to explain his existence.  

Next to Meadow View Manor and Mom.    Gave her communion first, then went to find the others.    I am a bit distressed. One of my ladies passed away while I was gone.   That is always a bit hard.   She was such a lovely happy person.  Mom and I had a lovely visit.   I am going to have lunch with her on New Year's Day.    I want to bring her a bottle of Madeira Wine.   Uncle George Deeley used to have that wine on hand to share and Mom likes it.

Home again,  I took Nicky out right away.   He was jumping all over me, he was so happy to see me.   We have a ways to go, of course, but he is accepting me as his friend.   He still is sleeping at my feet at night.  

I went to see Dr  Wiegand, my chiropractor, today.   She worked on my neck and ribs and I hope it will help as much as it did before I left for Oklahoma.

Tomorrow I will be home all day.   Nicky and I do have an appointment at 6:30PM with Kettle Moraine Veterinary Clinic, so that they can get him on their books.    I can hardly wait til they see him.   My neighbor, Bob Hurrie came over on some Condo business and was impressed with him.
Nicky was a bit nervous but Bob knows doggies and was very patient with him.

Tomorrow, I believe that I will have my end of year and after being gone and holiday tangles untangled and can get back to writing and quilting again.    I have begun a new quilt project and will share when it is done.

So until tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: