Monday, October 13, 2014

Just another manic Monday.   I think that is a line from a song.

Today was one of the two writer's club meetings that I attend each month.   Today was the Sheboygan County Writers.   I pick up my friend Sy Regan for that one.   I do have to back track a bit to pick him up because I go from Bible Study in Sheboygan Falls to Sheboygan to spend time with Mother, but home is just about the same and it is worth it for Sy be able to attend.   

Bible Study was well attended.    We are talking about the journeys of Paul and Barnabas to preach all over the place.    In Acts Chapter 14 a lot happens.  Good and bad.   They get driven out of one town, Paul is almost stoned to death and they are mistaken for gods.   Our discussion question was what we encounter when we discuss the gospel.   We have all had different reactions.  Of course, we don't make trips to foreign countries to preach.   Hopefully we preach by our actions.   They'll know we are Christians by our love.   Another line from a song.

Writers club was rather exciting.   We have a lot going on.   There were announcements of several events and contests that are occurring in the county and about.   Those who had done it read the "assignment" which was to write about someone who was a great influence on us.   I read a poem about my Dad.    I also told them about my adventure at IBAM and will forward the information to the members.   Next year I will let them know ahead of time.   It is a wonderful event and some might be interested.   

When I got home, I was awfully sore so I rested for a while.    This evening St. John's had a review of the proper way to do some of the ministries.   As I do both Eucharistic ministry and lector I went to be sure I wasn't missing anything.   A lot of questions asked that will kind of amooth things out.    A wonderful group of volunteers.

So home again.   Almost bed time.    

I see Dr. Sokhi tomorrow.   Hope he can figure out what to do about this stomach pain that I have been having.

Roxie is awfully needy today.   She seems a bit off her food.   But she does not seem uncomfortable or sick.   So I will just observe and enjoy her while I can.

Til tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary




No comments: