Friday, August 01, 2014

I liked today.   It was sunny and warm.  Perhaps a bit muggy in mid afternoon, but I was able to leave the doors open most of the day and Roxie and I were out on the deck for a while this afternoon.

My dryer is not drying.   After trying to dry a load three times before I realized there was no heat, I called my repairman who will be coming on Monday afternoon.   So I had to get out the old drying racks and drape two loads of wash.   Too bad I didn't realize the problem before I washed the second load.   Oh well, such is life.

I had lunch with the bank ladies at Dairy Queen.   I was hungry for MEAT so I had a bacon cheeseburger.   Boy did it taste good.   I stopped on the way home and picked up some catnip for my Roxie.   She still nuzzles the catnip bag from over a year ago so I decided it is time to refresh things.

I didn't have any deadlines so I just worked on various things as the mood hit me.

I was just thinking about dinner when one of my neighbors, Judy, called and asked if I was going to Praise in the Park tonight.   I did not know about it.   The Christian Radio puts on a Christian Band concert.   I was delighted with the chance to go out to a musical event with somebody, so joined her.   I had exactly $6.84 left in my wallet.   I spent $6.  on a single brat, a coke and for two ice cream bars, one for me and one for Judy.   Such a deal.   The music was super and it is encouraging to see so many people of faith enjoying a lovely evening.

Now you know why I liked today.   What was not to like.

Tomorrow should be good.   I am going to mass on Saturday AND Sunday as the Lector people at church seem to not get the message that I go to the Saturday Mass.   I have communion ministry on Saturday and Lector on Sunday.  

 Oh well, it is good for me.

Until tomorrow then

Dia Dhuit

Mary  


No comments: