Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sun and Rain

It was undetermined as to whether I would be busy today or not.    My neighbor,Jean, called at about 8AM to see if I was going to Mass today.   I did know that today is the Feast of St. John the Baptist, our church's patron saint.   However, I had not noticed that there was a mass being celebrated at 10AM at the cemetery.  There was no reason not to go and Jean was driving so I went.    It was cloudy and muggy while we were there, but did not rain and the sun even came out for a bit.

Home again, I worked on the book until lunch time, then ate and went out to do some errands.   When I got home, I rested a bit but got up when I heard the thunder that preceded a really heavy rainstorm.   It poured.  I wish I had a rain gauge.   Sure glad we are not in a flood zone.    I talked to a couple of people not far from here and they had no rain.   It took a narrow very wild path.  Now it is evening and the sun is out again.   I am going for a walk.

I'm back.  It was a nice walk.   Sunshine!  and I ran into people to talk to and walked part way with the Cornell's.  Couldn't ask for more.   Now that I am going more often, it is getting easier.   I really miss a furry companion, but this is OK.

So tomorrow, will have dinner with  Nora and Leif.  I am so looking forward to that.

Until then,

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: