Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I have had a nice birthday

Started off not all that exciting.   I had to take Roxie to see Dr. Connors for her blood test.   Her meds are balanced now.    We will recheck in six weeks to be sure that we are OK.

Then I went to Klips and Tips and got my hair cut.   I was starting to look like Justin Bieber again.   Didn't mind that a couple of years ago before he started all his silly shenanigans but surely don't want to have his haircut now.

Then I was home all day.    This afternoon, flowers arrived from Richard and Brenda.   They are so beautiful.   I had to remind Roxie that they are not for her.  I received lots of cards today and actually since Monday.   So nice to be remembered.  I called Richard and Brenda when I figured they would be home and told them how pretty the flowers are.  They are going on a vacation to St. Louis over the Memorial Day holiday.   Should be a good weekend for that.

Leslie and Bill called a bit ago and we had a great visit too.   Leslie will not need knee surgery, at least for now.   They are trying a series of shots to see if that will help first.   Always better not to invade the body with a knife if possible.    Bill said they are coming up here next year to take me out for my 75th birthday.   I told him I am marking it on the calendar.  When Leslie's knees are good enough we will travel together too.   Every body can come.

I fixed myself a couple of good meals and even pulled out a chocolate cupcake and lit a candle for a birthday cake.   I am a happy girl.

I am finishing up my day with a nice shot of Bailey's with my coffee on the side.

Love you all
Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: