Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hi

At least the day was quiet.   It was also productive.    I am almost all ready for the Tall Grass Condo meeting on Saturday.   Just need a couple of check in volunteers.   Tomorrow, I will be most of the day on the phone.

Not only do I need those volunteers, but am looking for readers for Bloomsday, June 16, 2014.    I think I told you that the CWI and my friend Paul Hansen are expanding my little dinner with random readings from Joyce's Ulysses, which is the basis of Bloomsday, and planning a reading of the whole book starting at midnight.  This is done in several venues around the world.   Tomorrow I will be making a bunch of calls and writing up a press release to start interest in the event.

I am trying to figure out why I can't download pictures from Picasa to Blogger.   I got some hints from a trouble shooter and will try again tomorrow.

I told you that Vikki and I took the Ferry to Ellis Island and to the "Lady in the Bay".    We walked up over 197 steps to the observation deck at the base of the statue.   I have lots of pictures.   I was really dragging when we got to the top and took an elevator down.   I felt somewhat like I was taking a couple of pictures up Lady Liberty's skirt which does not seem quite proper.   She sure is impressive.

Tonight I picked up Sy for the last of the Poet's at Mead meetings until September.   We had the biggest group ever, 19.   Nice meeting with LOTS of good poetry.   I read the one that will be in the 2015 Poet's Calendar.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: