Thursday, March 27, 2014

I went to Aurora here in Plymouth for my Mammogram.   Wonder how long I will have to get them.   I seems to me that after a certain age, what difference does it make.

I stopped at Walmart on the way home to pick up some toilet bowl cleaner that I forgot yesterday and I got the spare gas cylinder filled while I was there. 

I was able to stay home the rest of the day.    It was damp and chilly and rainy all day so I was glad to be in.   I went on a baking frenzy.   That always cheers me up on a rainy day.   I baked some lime scones and made cupcakes to take with me to the Poet's and Artists in Cahoots event tomorrow night at the Ebco Art Space in Sheboygan.   We got a really good article in The Sheboygan Press today.  I am pretty pumped.

Hope we get a good turnout.   I did send a preview of the event to several of my email lists.

I will attach a copy here if I can.

Time to wind down for the night. 

Dia Dhuit

Mary

Making It Speak: Poets and Artists in Cahoots”
Seventeen Sheboygan Visual Artists and sixteen poets of the Mead Library Poetry Circle accepted a challenge. They used each other’s art form to inspire new works of poetry and visual art. These works will be featured in a unique, collaborative exhibit at EBCO Artworks, 1201 Erie Ave, Sheboygan. “Making It Speak: Poets and Artists in Cahoots” will open as a Final Friday event with a reception from 6-10pm on March 28. There will be a poetry reading beginning at 7:30pm. This event, complete with refreshments and valet parking, is open to the public, free of charge.
The exhibit can also be seen Saturdays and Sundays, March 29 & 30, April 5 &6, and April 12 & 13 from 10am-4pm.
For more information, please contact Erico Ortiz at 414-587-3474, Marilyn Windau 920-467-6614, or SVA at 262-416-1ART (278).



No comments: