Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday

We had snow today.   Not as much as predicted but snow in any case.   This means that it was somewhat warm, but we are being told that the cold is coming back.   Not the sub zero but below 20 degrees.    Sometimes I wonder why I came back to Wisconsin.   I left because I was young and looking for adventure.   Sunny California was sure nice for chilly bones.  Wouldn't like to live there now.  But getting away from these winters would be a joy.

I went grocery shopping this morning.   The first time for myself since before Christmas.   I still didn't need much.   I stocked up on some paper products and needed some salad items and cat food. 

Home again, I finished getting all the Christmas items downstairs and I cleaned and sorted the Christmas boxes and have that wall of shelves all organized.   I put ribs and sauerkraut into the crock pot this morning for supper.   It was really good.

Tomorrow I get a hair cut and have a doctor appointment.   Sure hope Dr. Leben has some hope for my arm.   I am pretty discouraged myself.

So the living room is back to its non Christmas status and I feel good about that.  Saturday I will be making pasties with my Celtic Friends.   Not as many as last time.   If you want to come, grab a couple of root veggies and come on over.


Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: