Saturday, October 26, 2013

More from New Orleans



A Memorial in one of the St. Louis Cemeteries.

Street Musicians

The St. Louis Cathedral  I went to Mass on Saturday evening here.


More street musicians

It was pretty easy to feel comfortable in the French Quarter of New Orleans with all the music and food smells and friendly people.  

Today was a pleasant day.   The sun was out most of the day but it was cold and kind of breezy.   The wind was really really loud last night.  
I was home all morning working on some writing then at 1PM, I went over to Reed Street for the dedication of two houses by the Plymouth Historical status.   One was on Reed, then the second dedication was my friends, Ron and Kate Herman's lovely home.   There were articles in the Plymouth Review about it.    Kate, as usual had to be the perfect host, she is a wonder, and had cake and punch for the people who came to hear the dedication.   She had a beautiful cake made with the house pictured on it.    It was absolutely perfect and tasted wonderful.

After that I went to Mass.   Home again, I am here until tomorrow at 4PM when the annual CWI Samhain pot luck will be celebrated.   I have no idea how many people are coming.  Haven't heard from many but we will see.   I am making Colcannon at any rate and I LOVE that.

So. another day done.   My headaches are coming back.   I am not very happy about that.   Well, maybe it is just an adjustment thing.

Dia Dhuit

Mary 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: