Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Home late - for me anyway.

Today was a day at home until tonight.    I got a lot done on the Saints book.    Tomorrow I will tackle another segment of the chapter on St. Anne.   She was supposed to be "easy" because there is not much documentation on her.   Sure!   It is terribly interesting though.   I want to finish her by Monday so that I can start on Brigid.    I have agreed to give a talk on Brigid on her feast day eve or the day for the Milwaukee branch.  Her feast day is February first so I want to have her done by the end of the year.   Once I have things in perspective, I can talk about her.   Unlike Anne, there are a lot of traditions connected with her.   Though Anne is revered in many cultures because of her status at the mother of Mary and the grandmother of Jesus.

Tonight I went over to 52 Stafford to enjoy the music at 7:00.  Next time I will go at 7:30 which is when the music officially starts.   Peg and Bob Feider joined me with some friends and Kath Schemrich and her husband David were there also and a friend from Wells, Sandy.  I always send out notice to the Celtic Women when I go.  But if nobody comes, I just have a glass or two of wine and enjoy the music.  They let me sing a song during the sets which makes me very happy as I think of my Dad and how he loved the Irish music and would have been right up there singing too.

This was a special night with all the friends there.

So now it is after 10PM and you know what an early to bed gal I am.

Until tomorrow.  I have an appointment in the morning and then want to work on St. Anne again.

Dia dhuit

Mary










No comments: