Wednesday, May 01, 2013

I got to be home all day today and it was so beautiful outside that I left the doors open all day too.   I understand that a cold front is coming through and we will be back down to the 40s tomorrow.   So I will have to hang on to today and remember how nice the 70s are hen it is cloudy and cold.

I got a lot done today.    I finally sent a newsletter to the Sheboygan Branch of CWI.   I worked on the St. Kevin Wallhanging which I want to have done by Tuesday,  I made several phone calls and only have to redo a couple of them tomorrow.

Roxie was quite pleased to have me here all day.   Today is the first day of Bealtaine, or Beltane, celebrated halfway between the spring equinox and the summer solstice.  It is the beginning of summer in Ireland, Scotland and the Isle of Man and was lavishly celebrated in the days of old.  Perhaps we should return  to some of these celebrations as they make us aware of the seasons and the world around us.    The "green movement" should look into this.

Tomorrow I will be out again in the middle of the day.   But Friday I can be home until at least 5PM when I am going to shoot pistol league.

So a lot was finished and a lot is left to do.  

Til tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary   



No comments: