Thursday, December 13, 2012

It has been a really long day.   

I took my Christmas Card plan over to Sun Graphics an left it to be copied while I went to Sheboygan Memorial to be with Dick.  He was So tired today.   The doctor decided that he was ready to leave the hospital.   They,  however, did not recommend that I bring him home.   They felt that he was too weak for me to take care of him, he still needs 24/7 care and lots of PT an OT to regain his strength.

I am very distressed by this, but after talking to Bobbie too, who agreed with them, decided, with Dick to let him go to Rocky Knoll for a few days of rehab.   We are hoping that it will just be a few days.   Time to be sure that the pneumonia is gone, that his UTI is cured and that he has enough PT to regain his strength.

So, they picked him up at about 4:30PM and transferred him.   I picked up the cards, went home and ate and fed Roxie and then went over with clothes and his gloves.  He is in a different section this time and there are no phones in the room.    He also did not have a TV, but Joe, one of the maintenance men found one for him.   He did not have side rails on the bed  which Joe managed to get installed.

I left at about 7:30PM and am planning on hitting the bed as soon as I finish this.   I have to be up at 6AM and off to my therapy at 7AM tomorrow.

Bless you

Dia Dhuit

Mary

James Wright said "Poetry can keep life itself alive. You can endure almost anything as long as you can sing about it."

No comments: