Saturday, December 29, 2012

Another day to what is now.    I think I am doing well.   I am taking each day and living it.    Thursday night we said good by to Leslie and Bill as they headed back to Bossier City.   I expect to get a call when they arrive safely home.    (Remember that, Leslie.)

Friday morning, we said goodbye to Richard and Brenda.  They HAVE made it safely home to Madison.   With the ice they were talking about that was a big relief.

This morning I said goodbye to Bart and Barb who are on their way back home to Lawton OK.  They called this evening and are making good time.  They were getting ready to stop for the night.

I saw Nora and Leif yesterday.   Twice as it turned out.   They came here to be with us a bit so that we could be together before they went back to Texas.   Then I found them at Mother's when I stopped by there for a couple of minutes.  After that I stopped at Blessed Trinity for a minute.

A friend of mine lost her husband lost her husband on Christmas and I felt that I needed to go to the church to give her a hug.    We have been Bible Study/Prayer partners for years and to lose our loves so close together at this season was to say the least hard.   We need to pray and hug each other through the next few months.

Today was pretty quiet.   Bart and Barb and I slept until between 8 and 9 AM.   Then they loaded the car and got organized for the long trip home.    They left at about 10AM.  I spent the rest of the day putting things away and getting ready for the rest of my life.  I took a lovely nap this afternoon and went to Mass at 4PM.   Now I am home and can stay here until Monday noon or thereabout and just BE.  

Feel free to call if you want.   I just don't want to leave the house and Roxie and I are looking forward to the quiet.

Bart and Barb took me to Chissy's for fish fry last night.   That was a nice comfort meal for Bart and I I.   Dick was a fish fry lover and for the first several years of our married life we went for fish fry very often and Bart loved that.    He was a good Dad to Bart.    And Bart loves him.   

That I did right.

I just got the nicest cuddle from Roxie.    She is still confused and now will probably be wondering where the "new people" ( Bart and Barb) went.   Well.   We STILL have each other and that will not change.

So. The beginning of the beginning.   I am trying to hold the big things off until January 1st because as my sweetheart would have said.   It is a tidy time to start.

Dia Dhuit  I love you

Mary






No comments: