Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm still here.

Yesterday was so long.  But I was surrounded by people who love Dick and who love me.    I cannot express the comfort and support I felt during that whole day.

The gathering before the service was as I hoped, full of stories, and sharing and hugs.    Good for all of us.   Then Fr. Dan presented a lovely service for Dick to bless him and send him to heaven.   It was so special.   Finally, the Army soldiers came.   They did a 21 gun salute and played taps and opened and refolded the flag and presented it to me.    I was so touched and will treasure that flag forever.   I will get a triangle frame for it and it will stay next to his urn with me. 

We all went to The Twisted Root for lunch.   I wasn't sure where to take everybody since the Villager has sold so called Randy and Donna and Donna suggested there.   It was perfect.   The food was so good and we were able to visit more in that lovely dining room overlooking the Sheboygan River.   There were even deer walking through the trees across the river and ducks swimming.

Dick would have LOVED it.

Then we picked up the urn, the flag and the flowers and documents from Wenig and all the Kunerts and Johnstons gathered at the condo.   We just shared.   Richard and Brenda passed out their presents.  Roxie got one this year.   They gave her a packet of catnip and she really put on a show for us.

Dick would have loved that too.  We laughed and laughed at her.

Everybody helped bring up our queen sized bed and took the twin down to the basement.

I slept much better in OUR bed.   

We said our goodbyes to Leslie and Bill last night as they left early this morning.    They are in Arkansas already.   They called this evening.

Richard and Brenda came by for breakfast this morning before heading home.  They called when they safely arrived at home.    I was so glad as they were talking ice in Madison.

Bart and Barb are planning on leaving in the morning, weather permitting.   So our family is going home.   I will miss them.   But it is time for them to be in their homes and for me to begin this chapter of my life.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.   I will be OK.   I have been very blessed.

Dia Dhuit

Mary


No comments: