Monday, September 24, 2012

This was a nice usual Monday.    The night was very disrupted, so I stayed in bed until 7:30AM.   I was able to get everything done for Dick and me before 9AM when Bobbie got here.    Dick still needed his breakfast, but Bobbie doesn't mind doing that for her Dad.   She likes cooking too.

We had a small group at Bible Study, but an enthusiastic one.  We are a pretty good prayer group too. 

 Peggy, one of our members, has a friend whose daughter has a baby due in late December.   A tumor was discovered in the baby.   Surgeons were able to remove little Ethan from the womb, remove the tumor and put him back.   Please pray hard for this little man and his mother.   Only 20 such operations have been performed in the United States.

Also our prayer buddy, Ione, was not there.  I called her this afternoon and found that she had a minor heart attack last Wednesday.   Tomorrow she will have stress tests etc.   Pray for her too.

Then on to Mother's house.   She is a bit weak but doing quite well.   We got her bills all paid and filled her pill box.  and visited for a bit.   I am so glad that she is so content at home and can be there.   We know that her weakness is a risk but she wants to be home and deserves to be there as long as she manages as well as she does.

I had intended to pick up tacos and burritos from the Taco Shop on Eastern Avenue, but they were closed for a family emergency so I drove across the street to Chesters and picked up steak sandwiches and fries for our lunch.   I promised Bobbie and Dick Mexican food next week.

The rest of the day has been very quiet.    We rested,  I took care of Dick and cleaned up the kitchen and my desk area. 

Now the Packer game is about to start.    I have to confess that I am having trouble getting enthused about the season this year.    I am in the fantasy football league and that is helping but I thing because I have trouble staying up late for games it is hard to get too excited.    But Go Pack Go.   I am wearing the proper attire tonight.  One of my Packer shirts.

So I hope this is a quiet night and I can sleep straight through.  The past three nights have been broken.

Until tomorrow

Dia Dhuit

Mary

"Poetry is one of the most fugitive arts: it can be assigned to memory, taken and hidden in the mind, smuggled into smoky cabin back rooms, recited there and then conveyed only by speech to another person. It is therefore the most likely to survive colonization." by Irish Poet  Eavan Boland

No comments: