Friday, July 01, 2011

Well, the end of another day.   It was a bit better.  

I went over to Rocky Knoll after Jody got here to take Dick's prosthesis and some of the stockings that go with it so he would have them for his therapy sessions if they were needed.   As it turns out, the stump on his left leg is swollen too, so they are going to wrap it in an ace bandage to help bring it down before Tim from Wisconsin Prosthesis comes to see him next Tuesday at 1PM.    (See, things are falling in place a bit.)

I stayed for a bit then came home again to lock up after Jody left and to finish some of the projects that I am trying to get done around here, such as bill paying.

I left shortly after noon to go to the bank and meet my bank friends for lunch.   They were unaware of the surgery, though Marlene knew that it was imminent.   So I updated them and enjoyed the rest of the hour being with friends who understand and know when to talk and when to talk about something else. 

I went directly from there back to Rocky Knoll and spent the afternoon and part of the evening with him.   He is so glad to have me there that I hate to leave, but I get so tired.   I watched his physical therapy session and we had dinner together.   I brought a salad from home for my dinner rather than buy dinner there tonight.    I will vary that.

There are still problems but with the long weekend, I don't know how many can be solved soon.   I must be vigilant and have been trying to point out problems that I see.   They are very caring and are trying very hard to help him.

So we head in to the 4th of July weekend with some things better and some things at a standstill. 

Enjoy your holiday.  The weather is supposed to be hot but OK and guess what?   I think the corn is at least almost "knee high by the 4th of July."   Of course the big thing is going to be if the farmers were able to get enough crop in.

Gold love you

Mary

No comments: