Monday, June 27, 2011

Another day at the hospital.    Last night, Dick started experiencing pain in his chest on the left side.    He was really uncomfortable.   So another battery of tests and another uncomfortable night for him.    By the time I arrived in the morning they had eliminated heart.   During the morning they did a Cat Scan and  eliminated a blood clot.    Glory be to God, it is "just" pneumonia again.  That can be cured.

Now that he has antibiotics for the pneumonia and diuretics to help clear the fluid build up in the lungs, I believe that he will start improving noticeably.   

Dr. Phelan sad that Dick will not be leaving for Rocky Knoll for at least two days.   Not until he feels that Dick is strong enough.

Therapy is coming in already and that will help keep his physical strength up.   His appetite is improving.  He had fruit and toast for breakfast and chicken stir fry for lunch. 

I left at about 5PM tonight so that I can get to bed earlier and be ready for tomorrow.   The days are SO long.   I have a meeting for CWI - in Sheboygan- at 11AM to 12:30PM tomorrow.   So I will go and that will break up the day.

I stopped to see Mom for just a few minutes on the way home.   I knew that she would feel better hearing about Dick from me.   

So, it is almost 9 and I have determined that I am going to bed then, no matter what.

So.  Till tomorrow's report.  I love you all.

Mary

No comments: