Sunday, June 26, 2011

This will be short and sweet as I am again tired and need to get rested up.

The days don't get much easier.    I slept until after 7AM, then got up, ate, showered, checked my emails and made a couple of calls, then headed out to the Hospital.    I got there between 9 and 9:30AM, just in time to walk out of Intensive Care with him as he was stable enough to be moved down to the second floor surgery recovery floor.

He is in room 261, the same room he started in.  The phone in his room is 920-451-5261. 

He slept most of the day.   I did crossword puzzles and sewed and did a bit of studying on Morgan Llewelyn's 1916 as he dozed.    After lunch, he and I got to wondering about therapy and his sitting in a chair to relieve his bottom discomfort.  So I checked.    I am glad I did as the information on that had gotten buried in the pile of papers and we would not have had the therapy at all.   He still needs an evaluation but something is happening.   Bobbie came to visit at about 3 PM so I wasn't alone all day.

Bill was frying out pork chops for them so she left at about 5PM to prepare the side dishes.   Rosemary potatoes, she mentioned.   That sounds good.

I left for 6PM Mass at St. Clements at 5:30or so.  That was an experience.   I got there and discovered that it is the Spanish Mass.    The Mass is the Mass so the format is the same all over the world.  And they did have an English translation in the Missal so I was able to follow the readings.   The sermon was mostly a loss though I did get that this is a big feast in the church.  The Body and Blood of Christ.     The music was lovely.   I couldn't sing along, really but they clap a lot too and I could do that.    Nice service but very poorly attended.

So home again.    I must rest for tomorrow.   Hopefully all will go well tonight with Dick and he will feel better than today.

Thanks for all your prayers and love

Mary

No comments: