Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday done.  

I got to the hospital at about 8:30.   I got up at 6:30.  Showered, took care of Roxie, ate breakfast and took out the trash.

Dick said he had a rough night but was still feeling better than he did yesterday.    He still has some discomfort in his chest but it has eased.   His breathing is still a bit rough but that too is improving.    He is still on antibiotics, fluids and oxygen.   We still do not know how long he will be at Sheboygan Memorial.

Therapy is coming in to do small things with him now, so he will be maintaining his muscle tone.   He has to move slow because he is so weak but he is trying very hard.

I went to JMKAC for the meeting about the Irish Day that they are going to do in January.   It was a good break in the day.   We met from 11AM to noon and I had lunch at the Art Center with one of the ladies.   She introduced me to Ruth Kohler, the director of the Art Center.   Ruth remembers Dick well.

This is going to be an exciting event and I am able to provide lots of help with many things truly Irish, or I know where to look.   They want me to read my poetry also.   I will enjoy that and sharing some of the great poets also.   I think it would be good to be able to let people know the importance of poets, musicians and storytellers in old Ireland.

So I spent the afternoon with Dick and we had dinner together before I came home for the night.   It is almost bedtime again and I am grateful.

Take care of yourselves.    You are all so special to me.

God love you.

Mary

No comments: