Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Another marathon day. Chelsea got me up twice during the night. After she got me up at 5:30AM, I shut the door until 6AM. Not a lot but I wanted my half an hour.

My usual busy morning, then at 8AM I did my grocery shopping. That went very smoothly. and I was home at about 9AM. So I had plenty of time to put the groceries away and gather my wits before driving over to Rhine to shoot. That was a total disaster. I only shot a 7 in my trap set. I know exactly what I was doing wrong and I could not stop myself. I was not following through and I was shooting way to fast. Well, there is next week.

We had leftover mashed potatoes and a hamburger for our lunch. Then I drove to the Aurora Pharmacy on Superior in Sheboygan to pick up some supplies for Mother. I had to be at the Sheboygan History Museum at 1PM to meet Beth Dippel so it made sense to save Mom the delivery fee.

Beth and I and Bob Harker, the museum director, did a lot of planning and I started the board for the Clifford Deeley connection. It is very exciting. There will be music and food and lots of history, both Irish and Irish American.

After we were done at the Museum, I stopped at Mother's to bring her the supplies. She looked and sounded pretty good. Her hearing is really getting worse. Jeff will be taking her to the ear doctor on Friday. I hope there is something that can be done.

When I got home, I baked the first of the two barm bracks (Irish Tea Fruit Breads) that I am bringing to serve with tea. I will bake another tomorrow and then decide which recipe should be given to the people that want it at the event.

So as you can see, I was all over the county and got a lot done during the day. Tomorrow I will be home all day and hope to finish everything but the brown bread for Saturday.

So that is the day. Now I am very tired. As you noticed. I didn't (horror of horrors) get my nap.

But it was fun.

Have yourself a fun day tomorrow - I hope today was good.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: