Monday, July 12, 2010

Today turned out to be a marathon day.

Chelsea got me up at about 2:30AM then again at about 4:30AM. So I shut the door and got up on my own at 6:30AM. Then I had the regular feeding and my shower and Chelsea's walk. Then she was a real pest until I left for Bible Study at 9:30AM. For a while it looked like there were going to be three of us there. I kept getting emails from members who couldn't come and then got there to find that Ione was not going to make it either. So four were out just like that. But Joe and Felicia and Mary, our summer member, all came so we had 6 of us which is a nice discussion group.


We discussed Mark's relating the event when the woman was being criticized for anointing Jesus with expensive oil and he told everybody to cool it that she was right as he would be gone soon. I was surprised to read, having heard this story at least 70 times, that the event took place at the home of Simon the Leper. I had never notices that Simon was the "Leper". Just goes to show you that we don't always hear things. We kind of wonder if this is one of the lepers that Jesus cured.

Then I went over to Mom's. She was really tired today. But looked good. We took care of a couple of bills and I took two boxes of her fabric for Bobbie and I to go through. She is not sewing right now and if she does get up to it she is working on a crazy quilt of satins and that fabric is upstairs.

Home again, Dick and I had lunch, then I rested for an hour before driving over to St. John's for the funeral of a friend, Joanne Drossel Schultz. The Drossels were our neighbors on Pinehurst Court when we were all growing up. Joanne was just a year older than me. She had knee surgery and died suddenly last week, they think it was a blood clot. It was good to see and visit with all of her brothers and to meet her children. I stayed for Mass and the meal.

Then I hurried home, fed critters and Dick and headed over to Rhine for that meeting which took FOREVER. There are a lot of ambitious suggestions being bantered around, including a new clubhouse with an indoor pistol and archery range.
Also we are going to try wireless traps and some new fundraisers.

So it took a long time but I am finally home and glad to be here. Tomorrow I will be able to STAY here and have a lot of home work to do.

God love you

Mary

I read this in Patrick Taylor's An Irish Country Doctor.



"IRISH POTATO FAMINE SOUP

Take a gallon of water, and boil the bejasus out of it until it's very, very strong."

No comments: