Wednesday, December 02, 2009

When I woke up this morning, Dick was asleep. This does not happen too often, so I just left him along and went about my business. At 7:30AM, I decided that I might as well get the grocery shopping done, so I left a note for Dick on his wheelchair and off I went. There are not many people at the store at that hour and I got done very quickly and was home by 8:30. Dick was beginning to wake up.

I had purchased two donuts for our breakfast as it was early enough and just plain sounded good. He eventually got up and ate his breakfast too.

Mother and I went to Gibbsville for our Christmas shopping this morning. I picked her up at 10AM. We were back at her house by 11:AM feeling very smug as most of our Christmas shopping is now done and we have a nice supply of cheese for our own selves.
I got a package of ends, some Doppler Swiss, some Gibbsville 4 year old aged Cheddar and a vegetable garlic cheese. That ought to last us til Christmas when we will have our cheese package from Mother. Tee Hee. I know what I am getting from her.

I was home in time to fix a good lunch. We had turkey in gravy with mashed potatoes, vegetable and cranberry relish. After lunch, I laid down for about an hour an a half. Boy was Roxie pleased with me. She is getting to depend on that nap.

Shortly after I woke up, the phone rang. It was our Bobbie. She fell at the ice skating rink this morning and broke her wrist. Poor baby, is in a plaster cast for at least 10 days to 2 weeks and cannot get it wet or use it. So, she will not be coming out to work on wine tomorrow as originally planned. She needs to rest and probably will be really hurting tomorrow when the medication wears off. I will just do what needs to be done until she can get out again.

Now, all I have to do is change the bandages on Dick's wounds and help him clean up and I will be done for the evening.

I am slowly putting Christmas things out. Slowly, as I don't have a lot of time and don't want to over extend myself.

God love you all.

Take care of yourselves.

Mary

No comments: