Friday, December 04, 2009

A full day culminating with a very productive board meeting of the Celtic Women International group.

I started off, after the normal early morning chores, by baking Lizzies. I decided that since I had contributed the recipe to our annual Holiday booklet, I would bring some to the board meeting for the members to try.

Than I put my Tom Clark Nativity set under the tree. Chelsea keeps going under the tree. I would not deny her that pleasure, but she keeps digging at the tree skirt and I don't want her to ruin it. I used the Tom Clark set because those figures are rather large, are unbreakable and don't tip over easily.

I had lunch with Betty and Joyce at the Dairy Queen this noon and ran a couple of errands. It was good to visit with some of the ladies, I have been so committed to doctors and other things for the past several months and haven't been able to do so too often lately.

Dick took a very long nap today while his computer was scanning. The virus that he had the week before Thanksgiving seems to have come back and he is trying to cure it by running the Norton scan and whatever Richard did when he was here over Thanksgiving.

When I left for lunch he was asleep so I left him a note that I would bring him a burger and fries. He was still sleeping when I got back, so I let him sleep himself out and then heated it all up for him. I hope he can sleep tonight.

I met the CWI gals, Sheila Isakson, Gail Mc Aleese, Rosemary Baumann, Maureen Smith and Betty Gavin at Dee O Malley's while they were eating and ordered a veggie pizza for myself. Brought part of it home too. It is delicious but way too much for me. Janet Bieshke joined us in time to walk back to the Plymouth Inn for our meeting.

We did a LOT. We reviewed the suggested by law revision and have it ready for tomorrow. We reviewed the nominations for board and the standing committees. AND - we collated the Holiday booklets. I was able to stay til the booklet was all collated and being stapled and folded for tomorrow.

So tomorrow, I need to do a little coordinating and bake the brown bread and I will be ready for the Christmas Tea. I have to be at the Plymouth History Museum at 12:30PM to help with the setup. The annual meeting will follow at the Plymouth Inn at least we hope it will be at the Plymouth Inn. Otherwise, we will come here and use our family room. That would work in a pinch.


So, my day is ending. Chelsea is up to her old tricks. I got home shortly before 10 and she had asked to go out three times, the last time was a waste of time.

Have a lovely weekend and God love you all.

Mary

No comments: