Friday, May 29, 2009

That goofy dog of ours woke me up at 2:40AM to go outside. I was able to get back to sleep and got a good rest until a bit after 6AM. At that point, I woke up and could hear dog tags rattling in the hall and an occasional meow so figured I had better get up and take care of the "royals."

After feeding the animals and my shower, Chelsea and I went for an absolutely lovely walk. My only complaint is that my right knee is so sore. I am determined to "walk it off" and hope that adding chondroitin and daily Tylenol will help with that.

I spent the morning cleaning the kitchen. I got the cupboards all wiped off with Murphy's soap. I am trying to hit a room a week with that. My spring cleaning is a couple of months off but it is getting there.

I had lunch at the Dairy Queen today. It was good to spend the time with the gals again. The past year has been so spotty. Everyone is doing pretty well and they are fun ladies.

Home again, I took a short nap before getting things ready for Dick's supper and catching up on phone calls and emails.

Nancy picked me up at 5PM so we could go to Rhine for the bust up of the pistol league. Toni Nevicosi was helping John with the bust up dinner so we three ladies and John all ate together and the ladies had a great visit. A bit later Lil and Ken Pipping joined us. It was an nice gathering. Nancy had to be home by 7 so I came home with her knowing that Dick would be very glad to have me home again. And he was. So were critters, though Chelsea seems very tired and is not all that interested after she greeted me. She did not finish her dinner tonight either.

Tomorrow is fairly quiet. I have to pick up SHARE in the morning and go to Mass at 4PM but the rest of the day is mine, mine, mine. I often wonder how anyone would ever find the time to be bored.

There is an interesting scenario occurring in the Town of Plymouth. There is a restaurant called the Wilderness on Highway 57 between Highway E/PP and Eastern Avenue. The owner of the restaurant has applied for an addendum to his license that will allow him to change his establishment to a "Gentleman's Club", a Cabaret which would employ topless waitresses from 4PM to 2AM each day. I am astonished and have written to the Plymouth Review to protest and hope that this is not approved. I am a resident of the City of Plymouth and do not have a vote for the town representatives but I can voice my opinion and did. We don't need that kind of place operating at our gate.

Guess that is all the news.

Have a nice weekend.

Love

Mary

No comments: