Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chelsea's appetite was not too good today. I had to coax her into eating breakfast. She got me up at 3:30AM. Then when I got up at 6, she was not hungry but was very anxious to get out to go to the bathroom. So. I accommodated her.

Dick and I had a great breakfast. Scrambled eggs with chives and cheese, sausage and toast. Then I vacuumed the upstairs rooms and did some other cleaning. Dick and Chelsea had a nice nap.

Bobbie got here at about noon. We were winemakers today. After a lunch of pork burritos and a new cherry tomato salad that turned out REALLY good, she and I went down to the "winery". Bobbie brought chopped up frozen rhubarb which we got into the straining bag and covered with sugar to cure for three days before moving on to the next step.

Roxie became very insistent at the foot of the stairs, so we just let her come and join us. Of course, she still was a real pain wanting us to pet her or to, at least, lift her up on to the benches, which we were not about to do, not with the new fermenting musts that we had started.

We also started the last kit that Dick and I had purchased, White Zinfandel. Bobbie is taking over the family "wine business" slowly. She will make a couple of batches here - as many as she wants as far as we are concerned - and figure out where to put the equipment and supplies at her house. This is fun. She and Bill will be back on Sunday, probably, for the next step and then to mix up another batch.

We had pizza for dinner tonight and now are all settled for the evening. I am going to close this off quite quickly so I can do some reading before I go to bed. I am in the middle of two books. The past several months I just have not been reading at all. Too distracted, I guess. So I am trying to schedule reading time every day.

Emily Dickinson said. " I never spoke to God nor visited in Heaven...yet certain am I of the spot."

Have a lovely healing sleep.

Mary

No comments: