Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I hope you have already seen the pictures of our girl, Chelsea. Isn't that the cutest little girl that you have ever seen? She was a very good girl for Gina. I left her there at 8:30 and did a little shopping for about an hour. I got back just when she was about finished. Chelsea was glad to see me and Gina said that she was a pretty good girl. She likes out Chelsea and is very patient with her. She is amazed that Chelsea is 15 years old.

Chelsea and I stopped at Mother's on the way home. I had some things to take to Mother and I know that she likes to see Chelsea. After her bath and haircut,Chelsea looks so good too. We had a short visit and then I came home.

We got home between 10:30 and 11:00 And I left immediately for grocery shopping as Dick was sleeping and Chelsea needed to rest. I got home shortly before noon and heated up some Swiss Steak and mashed potatoes for our dinner.

At 2PM I had to be at Rocky Knoll for the Amputee Support Group meeting. We were supposed to have a speaker from the DMV but she canceled at the last minute so we just had a talk session. We had a new amputee, a young man who had just recently had an arm amputated. He will be all right but pleas pray for him as he is being fed a lot of meds that seem kind of unnecessary and perhaps redundant. I am glad that he is coming. As I said, Pray for him.

The rest of the day has been just catching up.

It rained most of the day and since I was driving around, the car got very clean.

Now it is evening and getting close to bed time. I am looking at a very content kittie ( Roxie) turned upside down on my desk and being sweet.

So. I will close tonight with a saying from a book that I bought called Chasing Normal by Dinah Chadoir Federer. She spoke to our Amputee Support Group last month and write this book to help the "Newly Disabled and for Those Who Love Them."

If you want to read it I will share, or let you know where to find it.

Here are two quotes from the book.

"Those who want to sing will find a song." Anonymous

"I believe that we, the disabled, need to stop chasing normal, celebrate who we are and who we are becoming and help each other as we go." Dinah Chadoir Federer.

Love

Mary

No comments: