Monday, March 16, 2009

Today had to be micro managed.

Chelsea got me up at 5AM for her first walk but then I slept until 6:30 so was pretty rested.

I got everything done and everybody fed in time to leave for bible study at a bit after 9AM. There were 6 of us there, not a bad crowd since four people are on vacation in Florida and Texas.

The theme of the reading is choosing dark over light in other words accepting or rejecting Jesus. We discussed the fact that it is easier to be light to those we love but that we have to do so to everybody. There is that old song "They will know we are Christians by our love."

I stopped for just a minute to see Mother. I took her bulletin as she didn't get to Mass yesterday. A wise move. She wants to go to the meals tomorrow and Lucy Carderelle, who drives her and a couple of other ladies, called me tonight. She wanted to be sure that it was OK for Mom to go. I told her that Mom does get tired but got a clean bill of health from the doctor so - go for it.

I got home just in time to get Dick in the car and take him to his therapy. That went well. He had to be evaluated today and he stood for over 13 minutes. Pretty spectacular. Dr. Moreno has spoken to Andrea who is constructing the shoes for Dick. We are HOPING to have the shoe on Wednesday. Then after they are sure of the fit, he can walk.

Then when we got home, I fixed some quick sandwiches and headed over to Book Heads for the Cream City Writers meeting. It was very nice. Everybody had something worth listening too. Sy suggested that we consider putting together a book of a compilation of our writings. Sounds like fun. We gave ourselves the assignment of all attempting a Pontoum. That is a poem that has a very defined structure. I will print one from my book so you can see how it goes.

THE SENTINAL

The red-winged blackbird waits
Bounding jauntily
On the street sign at the corner.
He trills his song for me.

Bounding jauntily.
Is he greeting or scolding?
He sings his song for me
Each morning.

Is he greeting or scolding
There on his perch
Each morning.
I would miss him.

There on his perch.
How long will he stay?
I would miss him.
The red-winged blackbird waits.

I have been able to stay home since and am being very lazy. Good thing as tomorrow, with the walk and all will be very tiring.

There is going to be a prayer service for Barbara on the 28th at St. Peter Claver. So all of the kids will be in town. I would like to have a meal with all of them here. Leslie and Bill are driving up from Louisiana. It would be good for Dick to have everybody together. Only God knows when that will happen again.

Now Dick and I are watching Dancing with the Stars together and then I will go to bed.

Have a good night. It is supposed to be 60 for our walk tomorrow. Yippee.

Mary

No comments: