Sunday, March 15, 2009

I took Chelsea out at about 5:30AM when she woke me up, then went back to bed and slept until almost 7:00Am That is the latest that I have slept in years. The cats were quite upset with me. But they forgave me the minute that I fed them.

I made corned beef and cabbage for our noon dinner. It was very good. Before noon, we got Dick into the bathtub and all washed up.

After lunch, I loaded up a ton of food and headed for Mother's for a visit. I brought her beer bread, cupcakes, Friday Chili and a corned beef and cabbage dinner. When I got there Jessie, Randy and Donna's youngest was there. We laughed because, Donna is sending over steak sandwiches and potato salad and Mom probably won't have to cook until Thursday. She was delighted.

Had a lovely visit with Jessie before she left. Continue to pray for little Sean. We think he is probably home but has a lot of healing to do and he is such a little guy. I was remembering Jessie's Dad Randy when he was a little guy. He had to go to the hospital when he was very little too. In those days, noone was allowed to stay with the patient and he was just frantic. He cried and cried for Mother. For a long time after that he was devastated whenever Mother left. I remember that he would sit on the floor hugging his little legs and rock and say. "Him's never coming back." It was heartbreaking and we, his older brothers and sisters all did out best to make him feel better. Eventually, he did get over that fear but I can't imagine how he must have felt. I can imagine how Mother must have felt leaving him there.

David Bowser, a cousin who does a lot of genealogy, sent a package of information. It will take a while to go through it. I hope that someone, Jeff, Randy or Kurt will be able to really follow up on all of the leads that we have. I just never have the time. It was my great great great grandfather Michael (Buser) Bowser who came to Town Mitchell in 1848 or there about. There is a collage of pictures of men who were on the county board (I forget the year) and my great great grandpa Joe was pictured in that collage. ( I think I have the "greats" right)

On the 27th I am going to Campbellsport to see the dress rehearsal play Winning put on by the Kettle Moraine Players at the High School. The gentleman who invited us is a John Brandl. I am anxious to see if he is related to the Aunie Brandl who made the miracle salve.

Did I tell you that I won two voice lessons from Samantha Lin Pool, one of the entertainers last night. I am rather exited. It should be fun and kind of make up for missing out on the storytelling classes.

Take care and have a good week.



Mary

It is almost St. Patrick's Day and I wrote this years ago for my Irish Grandpa Deeley.




GRANDPA'S WALLET


An Irishman who never set foot on Irish soil.
He was born - in London - on Christmas Day,
To emigrating parents – the oldest boy.
They came to America when he was eleven months old.

He was born - in London - on Christmas Day.
No one EVER dared call him British more than once.
They came to America when he was eleven months old.
His father worked the mills throughout New England.

No one EVER dared call him British more than once.
He started work when he was only eleven.
His father worked the mills throughout New England.
He was boss carder at age 16.

He started to work when he was only eleven.
He came to Wisconsin in 1889 to work.
He was boss carder at age 16.
I think leprechauns look like my Grandpa Deeley.

He came to Wisconsin in 1889 to work.
My Dad looked like Grandpa.
I think leprechauns look like my Grandpa Deeley.
He married twice and had six children.

My Dad looked like Grandpa.
I took Grandpa's wallet to Ireland.
He married twice and had six children.
He was an Irishman who never set foot on Irish soil.

No comments: