Thursday, March 19, 2009

My brain must have shut down after the St. Patrick's Day Walk. I forgot to post that night and last night. It did not even dawn on me until Richard called tonight to see if everything was OK.

SO I have three days to cover. It still will not be too long as I am, again, very tired.

Tuesday, St. Patrick's Day, was perfect. I left at about 9:30AM for the Exchange Bank to meet up with the rest of the Celtic Women. There was a good group of us. Eleven. We had a quick meeting deciding the next two, maybe three meetings. Next month we are going to Kewaskum to see Caim in concert. Bobbie, Kate, Nancy and I saw them at Mead about a year ago. They are two women who sing Irish and Scottish music. It is all a capella and truly lovely. If anybody else wants to join us the concert starts at 6PM and is at the Kewaskum Theater which is in their school.

Rich Bieschke transported all of us up to the walk site by 11:00AM. It took two trips but we all got there. The weather was absolutely SPRING. It was in the 70s. There was a bit of a breeze which made holding the banner a challenge, but what is that to be complaining about. We have walked in snow, rain, sleet in other years so this was a real pleasure.

When we got to the Stafford, Rich had two tables reserved for us so we all had lunch together. I ordered a Reuben which was excellent. After we ate, I sat with Nancy and mingled a bit while listening to the music before heading home to Dick. A friend John Mc Mullen asked where my brother Jeff was. I told him that Jeff had hurt his shoulder so badly that they were concerned about surgery. He said that was no excuse so I got Jeff on the phone and then gave the phone to John so that they could talk it up. That was fun.

Yesterday was just plain busy. I went grocery shopping in the morning before taking Dick to the Plymouth Clinic to have his coagulation blood test. It was perfect. I think I have mentioned that the blood is supposed to be between 2 and 3 and his was 2.5 on the dot. WOW. So we don't have to go back for a whole month.

Then, after lunch, he had therapy. Andrea came with his shoe. YEA!!! She got it on him and he stood up so she could check the pressure points. There were a couple of immediate needed corrections so she took it back and will come again tomorrow so we can try again. After she has the best fit she can by observation, Dick will wear it in therapy for a couple of weeks so that they can check for any possible abrasive spots before letting him walk and letting us take it home. Dr. Moreno will have to see it when the bugs are all worked out too.

Today was another one. This morning I tried to get things picked up around here then ran about four errands. One of them was quite important. As I was getting Dick back into the car yesterday after therapy, we noticed an envelope under the windshield wiper. I could not see it from inside the car. Anyway, it was a parking ticket. On St. Patrick's Day, I was parked in the lot across from the Stafford which DOES have a two hour limit. I was kind of holding my breath when I parked there but hoped that perhaps they were going to be generous that day. Boy was I wrong. It was worth the ticket though to be so close and have the car safe all day.

So, I paid that ticket, mailed the CWI Banner back to Maureen and picked up a 12 pack of coke. I had an eye exam at 10:15. That went well, I think. My eyes had failed some since last year so I had to order a new pair of glasses. I am using some old frames so that helped a bit. I also ordered a new set of reading glasses which I got for half price so it was not too bad, I guess. Aside from that my eyes are OK.

This afternoon, I took a nap, then vacuumed the upstairs carpets.

Again, it is finally time to go to bed and will I ever be glad to get there. I am so very tired. I will send a picture of the CWI group for you to see.

Love

Mary

No comments: