Wednesday, February 04, 2009

My quiet day turned out to be VERY busy. We started out with me going to Mc Donalds for breakfast. I brought home a Big Breakfast and an Egg Mc Muffin. We like that because we ALWAYs went out for breakfast on grocery shopping day.

Then I went grocery shopping. Dick went down for a nap at about 9 and slept until noon. I am somewhat concerned about that. He probably won't sleep tonight and we have a doctor appointment AND therapy tomorrow. I don't want to hear any "poor me" I am tired stuff from him tomorrow.

We had the prosthesis on him from 5 AM until almost noon. Ansd we put it back on him at 5:30 or so and will leave it on him until we go to bed.

I vacuumed the downstairs this morning. When I came up I found that the tv and the phone were both not working so I called Time Warner. They sent a technician out who got here at about noon. He went downstairs and plugged in the plug that I had managed to dislodge when I was vacuuming. Boy, did I feel goofy. But at least, if it happens again, I know where to look first.

I went to Kmart today and found some "football" gloves that should be helpful to Dick as he moves the wheelchair around. Then I picked up Dick's prescription and some bandages for my poor sore split fingers.

Home again. I am really tired.

I got an email from the Kettle Moraine players yesterday. They are putting on a play in Fond du Lac called Lovers Winners & Losers By Brian Friel an Irish playwrite. It is a romantic comedy. I sent a note to the Sheboygan Celtic Women and about 10 of us want to go on Sunday March 8. So I will order the tickets. I asked Dick if he thought he would like to go. He said that he feels he will be OK alone for that time but it is a bit too early for him to be trying some thing like that. SO I will go with some of my friends. If you are interested, let me know. The tickets will be $10. I can send you more information if you need it.

In the meantime I found a great quote today. I need to share it with you, my friends.

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."

Stacia Thaucher.

I love that. I remember reading that in the Koran it says somewhere that every child has a right to believe that God created the world just for him.

We need to be there to protect the little ones, our furture.

love

Mary

No comments: