Monday, June 23, 2008

Well, it is almost 9PM and I am READY for a good night's sleep. Got up at 5:30AM because I had to be ready at 7:30AM as Time Warner was scheduled to arrive between 7:30 and 9AM. The technician arrive at about 8:30AM. Not too bad. He was really nice. When I told him where the cable jack was and that we did not think it was hot, he said that he would test it first and if it was hot he would just go away. It is hot and he said there is a good signal too. Since that was all he had to do, he did not charge us either. What a man. I was delighted.

I even got to bible study on time. We had a nice group discussion and went on our way. I stopped at Mother's next. Then home again so I would be there by noon to fix lunch and to take the call when Rachel, the nurse, called to set the time she would be coming. She called just at noon when Dick was thinking of lying down. Since she was coming at 1PM, he just stayed up. She checked his wounds and vitals. Things are looking better and we set another appointment up with her for next Monday aftenoon.

At shortly after 2PM the people from R &R Moving arrived and within an hour, they had moved all the furniture that we needed moved. They also brought in the heavier pieces of computer equipment for me. There is still a LOT of work to do. It is like when you empty your closet to clean it out and find out that you cannot get everything back in. I think items multiply when they hit the air.

Jeff stopped by while the moving people were here and looked at the area we need a wheelchair ramp. We decided that it would be best to buy one. He could build one but it would be permanent and would end up taking too much of the garage. He said that he will go with me to West Bend to look at them. I would like advice.

Now, I am going to tell you something that I am REALLY proud of. I - all by myself - moved the computers into their new spot on the desks in the living room AND HOOKED THEM UP. I first got them fired up, then went in and got the cable, attached it and reestablished our connection with Time Warner. And it WORKS. Jim and Michelle are going to come and help finish. I ran out of places to plug things in and still have the printer, the backup and the speakers to go. I could probably figure it out but Jim and Michelle are SO much better at that kind of stuff.

Anyway, the living room really looks nice. The next project after we get the final touches done will be to clean and fix up the old office into a sitting room. That will be pleasant. I also think that I need a bookcase or tape/DVD case. I think I will go through everything and perhaps get rid of some.

I went over to Kate's at about 4:00PM to join her and the CWI board on a telephone conference. We took about an hour and covered what was necessary. I hope to be able to go the Chicago in mid September for the annual meeting, especially since I will be taking over as president about then.

Michelle called tonight to be sure that we were indeed OK until tomorrow. Very kind. She also told us that Barbara, the kid's mother, will be coming home in a couple of days from the hospital. They are not sure of the prognosis, but she will be able to be home. Pray for her. Also, Michelle is having a bit of problem with the foot that has given her problems before. Pray for her too.

Bret called tonight. It is always so good to hear his voice. He is doing very well. He says he will be able to come and visit next year. He is very close to solvent and is being quite cautious and practical before he commits to any travel, except for going to his place at the river. He would LOVE to live there. Maybe some day.

Tomorrow we have two appointments in the morning, then I will be joining Mother, Uncle Pat and Aunt Joan, Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathleen and Fr. Mike Shea for lunch at noon. That will be all though. Good thing because I am tired.


Take care and be happy

Mary

No comments: