Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day. It was a quiet one. Chelsea and I had a nice walk at 6AM. It was a lovely walk. Chelsea cut it kind of close. She decided to take the path through the woods today. The trilliums are still blanketing the forest and some of them are pink now. Would you believe that there are two tulips blooming in the woods? I was surprised, let me tell you.

Jim and Michelle came over for scrambled eggs this morning. That turned out well. I scrambled them with green onions and cream cheese. Then we went on our busy days today.

I went to visit Mother at about 11AM and was able to help her move some plants from the garage to the front porch. We had a good visit before I headed back home. Jeff had brought some tomato plants for me. There were a couple of extras. That Kathy sure can get those plants started. I took a Roma and a cherry. There were a couple of extra so I brought them for Jim and Michelle.

When I got home, I did some weeding and planted the tomato plants and a few bean seeds. Hope everything comes up. It was 86 degrees here today which got the house up to 80 but it was dry so we were able to stand it because the wind was blowing pretty good too. This kept everything circulating.

I sat out on the deck for about 45 minutes which was really pleasant. Mosquitoes are really thick this year, BUT none bothered me this afternoon. So Chelsea and I were very happy out there.

Tomorrow is a doctor day. We also hope we hear the results of Dick's MRI. His leg seems to be hurting him more every day. The walker IS a big help however.

Have a good week. A short one for you workers.


A group of Americans, retired Teachers, recently went to France on a
tour. Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane.
At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry
on. 'You have been to France before, monsieur?' the customs officer asked
sarcastically. Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.
'Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.' The American
said, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it.' 'Impossible.
Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France !' The
American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly
explained. 'Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in '44 to help
liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to.'

You could have heard a pin drop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Love

Mary

No comments: