Friday, May 30, 2008

Chelsea and I had a very short walk this morning because it was raining. But we did have a walk. It was warm enough and I am glad that everything got a drink today.

We spent the day at home. We are moving Dick around on his walker mostly. He can sit on the seat and with him pushing and me pulling we are able to get him where he needs to go with the least pain.

I spent the day cleaning and doing computer stuff. I also had a ginger root that had sprouted so I planted it. Wonder if that will work. I don't know how to harvest it if it does work but it is fun.

This morning I caught a little bit of Regis and Kelly. Regis is on vacation and somehow or other she and Pat Sajak the co host got on the subject of Mc Donalds. Kelly mentioned that Regis can eat at Mc Donalds free for life. But it reminded me of a guy that I worked for years ago at United Savings and Loan.

Craig stopped in to get Mc Donalds for dinner for his family. When he got home he opened up his Big Mac and inside the styrofoam container (at that time all sandwiches were served in styrofoam) was the neatly stacked meat, pickles, special sauce and onions but no bun.


Love Mary

Men's Translations

"I'M GOING FISHING" Means: "I'm going to drink myself dangerously stupid, and stand by a stream with a stick in my hand, while the fish swim by in complete safety."

"IT'S A GUY THING" Means: "There is no rational thought pattern connected with it, and you have no chance at all of making it logical."

"CAN I HELP WITH DINNER?" Means: "Why isn't dinner already on the table?"

"UH HUH," "SURE, HONEY," OR "YES, DEAR..." Means: Absolutely nothing. It's a conditioned response.

"IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN" Means: "I have no idea how it works."

"I WAS LISTENING TO YOU. IT'S JUST THAT I HAVE THINGS ON MY MIND." Means: "I was wondering if that redhead over there is wearing a bra."

"TAKE A BREAK HONEY, YOU ARE WORKING TOO HARD." Means: "I can't hear the game over the vacuum cleaner."

"THAT'S INTERESTING, DEAR." Means: "Are you still talking?"


No comments: