Friday, July 13, 2007

It was so pleasant outside that we left the doors and windows open all day and the house stayed very comfortable. I think windows open tonight will keep it that way.

On our walk this morning we felt like we were on a treasure hunt. When we got to the woods end of the park and headed for the path through the woods to home, I found a baseball. So I picked it up and put it in my pocket. Then when we headed into the path and next to the little creek below the culvert, Chelsea started sniffing in back of this tree and there was a plastic bag there. I looked closer and it was full of fireworks, so I picked it up too and brought it home. It had obviously been there since we had rain because there was wet on the outside of the bag.

When I got home, I cleaned the kitchen floor and helped two Culligan men to put salt in the water softener. We think we finally have ourselves on a route. When we moved in we had them bring some, told them we wanted to be serviced. But we had to call them several months later and again thought we were on a route. Obviously we were not because when Dick looked the other day, we were just plain empty. But this time, I am sure they will be back in three months because the manager even called to confirm things.

Jim Bordeau, one of the board members, came over to "interview" us for the newsletter. We learned a lot about the workings of the board and the association. Now I wish I had been able to go to the annual meeting and had run for the board.

Had lunch with Betty, Ceil, Barb and Mary at Dairy Queen today. I was hungry for a "California Burger" So ordered a cheeseburger with nothing but lettuce, tomato and pickle on it and grabbed a packet of mayonnaise. It tasted GOOOOOD!

I picked up some sox and MSM at Walgreens, got gas and YIPPEE!!! found out that Cappelle's is open. That is the local farmer's market. THEY HAD FRESH SWEET CORN! Guess what WE had for dinner. It was so good with sliced tomatoes and fresh green beans from our patio. We wondered, as my brother in law George used to say, "Wonder what the rich folks are eating tonight." They don't eat like that for sure.

I did a bit of sewing tonight, cleaned my desk and got all ready for tomorrow and Monday.

Whew. Another busy one. I hope it rains as they promised otherwise, tomorrow I will need to water.

My friend, Kate, asked me to write a haiku about a rainbow. I have written two, one yesterday and one today, I am not totally satisfied so will try again tomorrow. Her is one

Rainbow arched on high
Appearing as a handle
For the basket - Earth.

Enjoy your weekend. I am going wedding shower shopping at Bed Bath and Beyond and Christmas ornament shopping at Mary Lee's. I like shopping IF I have a purpose.

Love

Mary

No comments: