Thursday, July 12, 2007

Chelsea and I had a lovely walk this morning. We ran into several of our fellow travelers which is always a nice break. The walking temperature was perfect. It was cool enough that we made it through the woods without stirring up too many mosquitoes.

Then I chopped up a bunch of veggies for the pot roast that I was preparing for tonight's dinner. Dick had to be at Advanced Eye Care at 8:30AM for a check on the laser treatment that he had and to be refitted for a new glass prescription.

Home again and then I finished getting the pot roast in the slo-cooker.

Kate Hermann called. She is safely back from the mission trip that she went on to Philadelphia. It was a bit harrowing but she had a good time and felt that the kids were wonderful. We had a lot to catch up on. I am going to speak at her Rotary Club meeting on Wednesday. They are trying to become more aware of the cultural clubs and events in the Plymouth area so I will talk about the Cream City Writers and Sheboygan County Writers and the new Celtic Women Group that we are starting.

Then lunch and a nap.

We had two people come to the door today. Judy Richards, the previous owner of our condo, stopped by for a moment and someone from the condo association dropped off a flyer about the Tallgrass Picnic which is near the end of August. I think we should probably go. Anyway we NEVER have two people ringing our bell so Chelsea was VERY excited.

An appointment with Dr. Hodous to have Dick's callouses checked rounded off the afternoon. They actually look pretty good about now.

The pot roast is delicious. Way too much food of course, but we are looking forward to several more meals out of it. We had some more strawberries and blueberries on pound cake for dessert too. Boy is fruit ever good now.

My desk is SO clean. I have a little pile of stuff in the center that must be done tomorrow or everything will get out of hand again. Tomorrow is a quiet day, the only time I have to leave home is to have lunch with my friends.

When the boys and I would go out anywhere for dinner, we would always order different things and then get to try each other's choices. This was lots of fun. I remember that their father found this to be a very embarrassing thing. Of course, he was embarrassed by doggy bags too. I thought of that because of a commercial on TV. Dick and I sometimes do this, or order a sandwich plain and then one with fries and split the fries. We are amazed at how much food is put on a plate at a restaurant.

Dick is continuing to lose weight. He is not eating much which is OK but I have to keep reminding him to eat the proper things when he does eat. With his pre-diabetes, he must be very careful. We are excited about the weight loss though.

Have a good Friday.

Mary

No comments: