Monday, September 11, 2006

I just got back from Rhine Plymouth general meeting. The last meeting of the day. It went fairly fast as I was home by 8:30PM, a record. We had quite a bit of business but it went smoothly without a lot of repeating. Those men are great about rehashing things after they have been resolved and voted on.

I also had Bible Study this morning. It was quite interesting as we are reading the letter of James in this church year for the second reading on Sundays. This was on the theme of faith versus good works and we wonder what God decides about all the good people in this world who do not believe in Him. Perhaps He just chuckles because He knows that He is in their hearts and they just don't see Him.

I read the Living Faith for Friday the 8th and felt it was worth sharing with my friends at bible study and I will share the first paragraph with you all. It was written by an Anne Bingham.

"I read somewhere that you really don't want and angel showing up in your life, at least not a Biblical angel. Unlike Hollywood angels, who make your life easier, biblical angels usually bring job assignments from the Big Guy, jobs that are not only completely unsuited for your particular skill set, but also extremely inconvenient. If you say "Yes," it's a sure bet you'll either have to annoy someone at the top of the food chain ("You want me to tell Pharoah WHAT?") or turn your life upside down (A baby? But I'm not married yet!")"

Pretty good, right?

I also had Writer's Club this afternoon. We had a speaker but I will have to tell you about him later. He has a book that is coming out next month about a photagrapher who filmed the Ziegfield girls. What a story. Not only what he wrote about but all the things that happened as he was getting it published.

Tomorrow, the dentist, giving blood and taking more stuff out to the condo.

Later

Mary

No comments: