Sunday, July 09, 2006

Today was WAY too busy but what a fun time.

I started off early with a walk with Chelsea. We kept it short as she did not seem too enthused and I had to be at Maywood by 7:00 to help put blinders on the baby pheasants. It seems like a strange thing to do, but the pheasant often become very cannabelistic if unblinded. So the blinding is for their protection. When time for release comes we cut the blinders. Therefore, the birds go into the wild unblinded and able to see to protect themselves. The only thing they lack is experience and, of course, they have a certain lack of fear of humans. It was noted that the birds raised like this do have a tendancy to gravitate to buildings which mean food to them.

Anyway, I was able to spend an hour. Then I went home, showered, fixed breakfast and headed for Mom's house. I delivered her prescription, meat and potatoes and the newspapers that we share. After we visited for a while, we went to church. I walked her home after church and rushed to Rhine Plymouth, where Bobbie and I were working the 100 bird Lewis shoot. I got there just in time to help Harold Diedrich with the registering of the participants. We had 19 squads. Usually we do good with 13 so this was quite a coup. I learned how to do a lot of the registering and recording of the scores. We were a bit later than I expected so I called Dick to tell him and he offered to take me out for dinner. I accepted. We went to Xana's. I had a Reuben and Dick had a Grilled Cheese. Such a sweet thing to do. I LOVE that guy.
We had a quick thunderstorm sweep through the area. No much rain but thunder and lightening.

Tomorrow will also be very busy. Bible study, Writer's Club and Rhine Plymouth. Why does everything come at once. Dick has the Dentist, his Blood Test AND a doctor Appointment all this week.

Will Rogers said.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

So get up off your butt and do something. Just be sure it is what you want to do. Even if it is NOTHING.


Love

Mary

No comments: