Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It was truly a lovely day today. The sun was shining all day. This morning it was only 22 when Chelsea and I walked but it did warm up nicely.

Dick had his eye exam today and is getting new lenses in his frames. Otherwise, his eyes are healthy and he is scheduled for next year.

We racked and filtered the 6 gallon Luna Bianca wine today. As soon as we have a day at home, we can bottle it. Good thing. Our stock was dwindling. We like to give away gifts a lot and were scraping the bottom of the stock. Actually a couple of last year's scratch wines are ready now, which is helping.

Yesterday, I watered the house plants AND the plants that I am wintering in the garage. While I was watering the three herbs that I have on the potting bench, I saw movement to my left. Lo and behold, there was a little gray mouse. He wasn't even alarmed that I was there. I don't know whether he thought that I didn't see him or if he was so used to us walking in and out of the garage but he just kind of sat there, even when I banged on the box he was next to. Anyway Jim put the mouse catcher that he got when we had one in the basement and within an hour we have no more mouse. We hope. I hope he didn't have any friends.

O'Toman walked into a bar and ordered martini after martini, each time removing the olives and placing them in a jar.

When the jar was filled with olives and all the drinks consumed, the
Irishman started to leave.

"S'cuse me", said a customer, who was puzzled over what O'Toman had done, "what was that all about?"

"Nothin', said the Irishman, "my wife just sent me out for a jar of olives!"


Tomorrow, barring too bad a storm, we will be enjoying Blarney in Plymouth. Pray for a mild storm or an early ending.

Mary

No comments: