Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It was a rather uneventful day. It rained off and on ALL day. Chelsea still has not had a "proper" walk since we left on our trip. Jim just runs her outside the door and she knows that, but she expects much better from me. I don't mind walking on a chilly day, but walking in the rain with a cold seems foolish so we have only been doing what is necessary.

Dick went to see the podiatrist today. His callouses are now trimmed down and he should be much more comfortable. The trip was really uncomfortable for his poor feet.

I am working of the "book" that we will put up on the altar for All Souls day, listing the members of the parish that were buried from Blessed Trinity since last year. I hope no more die before Tuesday, I am really close to being out of room on the plan that I put together. It is sad when someone dies anyway, I think God could hold off for me for a week, don't you?

I don't think that I told you about the train ride. We went to Stearns, KY and boarded the Big South Fork Scenic Railway which took us to the Blue Heron Mine up in the hills. It was an iron mine. We got, as a part of our tour, a miner's lunch. The lunch was a sandwich, containers of pudding, coleslaw, applesauce and lettuce and chips wrapped in a cool red neckerchief emblazened with the South Ford Scenic Railway info. The trip was lovely, we had a couple of guys AND the lady Forest Ranger singing and picking for us both before the trip and at the mine. I bought a tape of one of the singers. An altogether nice day.

Tomorrow, I will get enough energy to start adding a picture or two.

Have a lovely evening. Here are a few more questions that need answers

9. If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that Acme crap, why didn't
he just buy dinner?
10! . If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
11. If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from
vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?
12. If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?


Mary

No comments: