Thursday, August 25, 2005

Last night, my friend Jim Wilfahrt called me. He is a member of Sheboygan Falls Conservation Club where I shoot trap with Rosalie during their summer league. I had to leave the bustup party on Monday before they gave out the trophies because of a meeting. Jim called to tell me that I have won the most improved shooter award. I am really excited. This shooting award, I really feel that I earned and it makes me feel that there is hope. He will bring it to church on Sunday morning. We are both going to the 8:00AM Mass. Wow, is that cool, or what!!!


Kind of an eventful day. This morning Dick and I went grocery shopping and did several other errands.

Sam's funeral was at 11:00AM. As I said I was priviledged to be asked to carry up the gifts and to be a eucharistic minister so felt that I was able to send Sam off in style. A friend of Sam's, Joe Couch, I believe, spoke of him during the servide. He said two things that I felt were really special.

One: He worked with Sam. He spoke first of Sam's integrity and work ethics. Then he said that when Sam retired because of his illness in June, the company had to replace him. Joe said that after a time they realized that there was no way to replace Sam. They have found someone who can do his job. But - noone can replace Sam.

Two: Sam LOVED to eat. Sam especially enjoyed dessert and always kept his fork. His life was like that. He relished and loved his life, his God, his family, his work. But he hung onto his fork and now he is enjoying the dessert. Joe reminded us all to "Hang on to your fork."


Love

Mary

No comments: