Monday, August 22, 2005

I came home from the bust-up party at Sheboygan Falls Conservation Club and the Celtic Faire meeting to find a football pregame, Dallas vs Seattle. It is half time now and Dallas is ahead 10/7. Pretty close actually. It seems generally too hot for football though the weather this evening is in the low 60s. I put a long sleeved shirt on while sitting outside at the bust up.

We were served the greatest beans I have had in a long time. They also served potato salad and steak sandwiches. Nice evening. It is always a nice social event.

Celtic Faire is coming along. The committees seem to have everything in order.

I haven't had to cook since Friday. Hope I remember how. The leftovers are finally used up, so I have no choice.

A friend died on Saturday night. Sam had cancer and it had gone into his brain. The funeral will be on Thursday. Sam was a good man and was an example of how to die with joy, trust in the Lord and dignity. His family will miss him and so will those of us who knew him. Pray for his family and let let the earth rest easy over him so that his soul speed up and off to God.

Mary

No comments: