Saturday, July 23, 2005

I got the front bushes around the bird bath trimmed this morning. At least the house looks pruned from the street. It rained again and the temperatures were really pleasant. Tomorrow it is supposed to shoot up to 95 or more. Not much to look forward too. I already decided that we will fry out. I am fixing venison steaks and brat patties. We have tossed salad AND cole slaw so that will be plenty for supper with those temps.

Tomorrow, except for shooting pistol with Jim and Bobbie and church, I don't have any plans. So. perhaps I can catch up on my computer contacts.

I was reading the chapter from II Corinthians for our next bible study and liked this verse. "Therefore, we are not discouraged; rather, although our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed every day." 2 Corinthians 4:16. I like that - the older we get the more we become.

Tuesday, we are going on a bus trip to Lake Geneva. I have never been there. Dick was there for a Library meeting of some kind years ago. We are taking a boat cruise around the lake which will give us excellent views of the mansions that have been built on that lake. I love water cruises, having been introduced to them in California by going on Christmas cruises around Newport Harbor. Those cruises have a double benefit. You get to see all the lighted and decorated boats in the boat parade and the beautifully decorated homes (I should say mansions) around the harbor. I remember that on one cruise someone brought chili that was so hot it burned all the way down to the tummy. But it was good, left a wonderful taste and really warmed us up on the chilly water.

Happy Sunday.

Mary

No comments: