Thursday, July 21, 2005

Here it is Thursday already. The "German Fest" choir went to Glendale to practice. A week from Sunday is the big day. I must practice some more because the songs, as they are in German, are more difficult for us English speakers. We stopped at Alpine Village and had dinner together. I ordered Beef Rouladin and noodles. They had some wonderful crusty rolls too.

Joan Schueffner, Dottie Koene and I pinned the church quilt today and I took it over to Mary Bainbridge who will do the initial machine quilting for us. It is beautiful. Anyone who wants tickets can let me know. They are $1 or 6 for $5.

I was thinking about one of our cats, Taco, tonight. He was such a dimwit. When Dick and Jim got them, Dick told me that if they liked me best he was going to "kill them." Those who knew Tack remember that looking into his eyes was like looking into nothing. He had no brains at all. He grew to love us and was afraid of any strangers. Most people never saw him. And we swear that he thought that there were three sets of people in the condo. The upstairs people, the downstairs people and the basement people. He actually responded to us differently in each area of the house.


Shortly after Dick and Jim got him (we were not as yet married) Taco disappeared for a couple of days. Dick and Jim were beginning to think he had somehow managed to get outside and was lost. Then Dick turned over the couch and heard a soft mewing. He reached in and pulled out this terrified wierd animal. Dick called to tell me that he had found him. When I came into the house, Taco ran up to me mewing as if he was trying to tell me the indiginities that he had experienced in his hiding and being extricated from the couch. Dick let him live anyway as we all know he would. This man who says that if you get an animal, you go to the Humane Society and save a life.

Love

Mary

No comments: