Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Today I DID get to stay home all day. I cooked up a storm. We are having stew tonight but I got a big enough chuck roast to make three different dishes.

We will have the stew tonight and I also made "Old Rags", a Cuban Dish that tastes wonderful over rice and I have the dough for pasties in the refrigerator. That dough has to sit overnight and tomorrow, I will combine the meats and veggies and complete them. I think I'll ask Mom over for Sunday dinner and we can have the pasties.

The dishwasher people came AGAIN today. They replaced almost the whole machine including the drain hose which they say they think has been the problem. We will know in a couple of weeks. That dishwasher has just been a curse and Bosch is supposed to be the best. The repairman says that he advised his son to put one in his new home, so that says something.

We are watching reruns of How to Marry a Millionaire. I have watched Regis for probably 30 years or more. Off and on of course. I bring this up because when I saw him first he had a local show in the Los Angeles area with Cindy Garvey. Cincy was a lovely blond lady who was at the time married to Steve Garvey. It was a very similar format to the Regis and Kelly show. The two of them bantering and guests. She was a lot more formal but certainly the times were also more formal. One day they had a blind actor call Tom Sullivan on the show. He apparantly was visiting with her while she was getting ready and dressed for the show. She mentioned that she felt a little odd changing in front of him but knew that he couldn't see and therefore was comfortable. He simply said that he operated on sound and smell. She turned forty shades of green and moaned.


Have a nice evening.

Love


Mary

No comments: